Monday, September 15, 2014

Post 44 - Kona is elusive

2014 is over, from a triathlon point of view anyway. I didn't qualify. I thought I had a sniff after 10 miles of the marathon but then I had serious stomach cramps, lots of toilet pit stops, and a sore and restrictive knee. So I couldn't run like I wanted to for the second half of the marathon. It was an ugly, painful final 14 miles. Sport at its worst. I think a 9 month intense season is too long. I hit a seriously good fitness peak in June after 5 months of tough training, and I think I went into Wales perhaps a bit over-trained, and certainly not as fit as I was pre-hospital. Some time off will follow now, and a bit of thought will go into 2015 plans. And a race report and photos will also follow soon. Apart from the disappointment, it was actually a really good weekend. The support in Tenby and Pembrokeshire is awesome. And the weather was great too. I just didn't get the damn elusive Kona slot...

No comments:

Post a Comment